2013年3月18日星期一

The Burden Of A Suicidal Sister

When the three of us entered the psych ward, I was struck by the quiet. The patients padded through the halls in their socks. You could see your reflection in the polished floor, and when sunlight hit the white walls, tiles, and ceiling, the place looked soft and gentle. 

My mother, father, and I were led down a corridor. I glimpsed a very thin man whose clothes hung off of him; a pregnant woman in a patients gown waddled behind him. 

The hallway widened into the visitor center and we spotted my sister Tina, my only sibling, eating alone at a table. She looked worn out. Her face was expressionless and her short hair was a greasy mess. On the sleeve of her sweater I noticed a red stain. 

We kept the conversation light. Tina told my parents and me stories about her roommate, a grouchy elderly woman, and another patient named Robert, who nicknamed her College Girl and liked to talk about physics. She seemed to be chattering to entertain us. But then she told us about another friend she had made, a bipolar woman who had thrown herself in front of a train but survived. 

At this, my mother muttered Poor you sarcastically, implying that Tina was complaining about being in here with these more disturbed people, as if Tina was spoiled and ungrateful. My sister looked down at her lap and didnt respond. The fact was that Tina had told her psychologist just a week earlier that she wanted to kill herself. 

Tina is four years older than me. She has always had something off about her, even when we were little kids. She fidgets. She cant cut her nails because shes afraid of slicing her fingers,The term 'earcap control' means the token that identifies a user is read from within a pocket or handbag. so she lets them grow out until they look like claws, then files them for hours. When she checks the locks at night, she throws her weight against the door to test the locks strength. This pounding noise will go on and on for about 20 minutes, and afterwards she often just stands worriedly at the door. 

Its one thing to have quirks and strange rituals. As a kid, I found it funny. Once when I was little, she heard about a burglary on the news, and asked me if I had checked the locks. I responded that Id seen strange men in the living room the night before. Now I realize thats mean, but we were younger and I didnt realize her paranoia would get so out of hand.We can be conducted with the local designated bobbleheads producers. 

By the time she entered her third year of college, about a year ago, Tina had developed more serious problems. She couldnt handle the stress of her schoolwork. She had to get 100% on every test and would stay up all night skimming the pages of her textbook. The lights would be on until 5 a.m. During finals she began having panic attacks. 

Its like my head is going to explode, is how Tina described the panic attacks to me. We shared a room, so I could see how bad it was getting. She barely slept and when she did, she cursed and screamed because of nightmares. 

Tina obsessed over things that didnt matter,Universal bestplasticcard are useful for any project. or else she spun fantasies about the future. She began to seem more and more disconnected from reality. She recently said to me,The 3rd International Conference on custombobbleheads and Indoor Navigation. When I graduate, were going to live together, and Ill buy you a puppy! 

When she said things like that, I acted delighted, trying to show her it wasnt that hard to be cheerful. Yay! I felt like a pet dog when I blinked at her, looking simple-minded and unconditionally loving, when inside I was losing my patience and would rather be somewhere else. 

Though Tina is so open with me, her friends from school dont know about her problems, and boyfriends dont understand it. That isolation is making her increasingly dependent on me. Over this past year, every day begins with her begging, Do you love me? Then she watches me until Im uncomfortable. 

He observed that all the mud houses built here were round in shape, not rectangular with corners. A square-type house is a builders comfort. Natural objects in the universe are not square or rectangular. So I construct buildings round, said Shambhu Das, the architect. 

When humans started to live together millions of years back, the first house was built around a tree, with the gaps filled with leaves. I often seek something fresh other than the usual academic knowledge. This unending thirst for innovative ideas landed me with Laurie Baker, said the architect. 

He later had a fall off with Baker, as the latter was a strict opponent of laterites as building materials. I found that Bakers methods did not suit the housing methods employed in malabar. He believed in bricks. I was a diehard fan of laterite materials, he winks.Online shopping for iphoneheadset from a great selection of Clothing. 

In a career spanning more than 40 years, Shambhu has already created more than 1,000 houses, all unique in their designs. I am currently working on a house in which the flooring is being laid out with bamboo tiles. The bamboo pieces are cut in thin sizes. After arranging them on the floor, they will be polished. 

His building methods are eco-friendly too. Waste materials such as glass bottles and coconut shells are valuable fillings for the concreting of his houses.

没有评论:

发表评论