2013年3月7日星期四

How I Found 'It'

My name is Jennifer Giuffre-Donohue. Yes I'm one of those, a hyphenator, because Giuffre (don't worry no one ever knows how to pronounce it) wasn't hard enough for people to say so I thought I'd add another seven letters to my name. Here's my story. It was a dark and stormy night... just kidding.

In December of 2008, shortly after my 37th birthday, I was shaving my underarms in the shower and I noticed that my right underarm looked swollen. About a week before I had noticed some swollen glands in my neck that seemed to be coming and going. It was winter time so I chalked it up to fighting something off, but the underarm swelling, well that raised an alarm in my head that I wasn't as willing to brush off. I got out of the shower and compared my underarms. The right one definitely looked swollen to me but I didn't want to freak out and jump to conclusions. Okay, to be really honest I was slightly freaked out, but being a relatively rational, Type A personality (yes I realize that can be an oxymoron) and being a person who likes to see the glass as half full, I did my best to remain calm and try to think rationally about what could be going on. I thought maybe since I get itchy after shaving,We maintain a full inventory of all smartcard we manufacture. possibly I had scratched my underarm too hard one day. Maybe I scratched one too many times and that was the cause of the swelling. Maybe I had an ingrown hair?

Then there was the nagging thought of how you hear about lymph nodes with cancer and even though I wasn't an expert on the exact location of lymph nodes in the human body, I knew enough that there were lymph nodes in my armpits. I felt around my right axilla (armpit to us lay people but doesn't axilla sound so much nicer than armpit?) and I could feel the slightest little bump but it was there. I waited about a week and a half not wanting to seem like a hypochondriac.Source solarpanel Products at Other Truck Parts. I thought maybe the swelling would go down but there was also that part of me that wanted to run screaming to the doctor "I think I might have cancer!"

As I came to the end of that week and a half I was now obsessed with my armpits. I would compare them in the bathroom mirror and feel for the lump every day. On the flip side I was trying hard to leave it alone thinking I could possibly be making it worse by poking at it every day. Maybe it's nothing, leave it alone! I would try to tell myself. After asking both my mother and my husband on separate occasions if they thought my armpits looked different and with the swelling not going down, I decided to make an appointment with my doctor. I saw my primary care doctor and in her office she and I could barely feel the offending lump at the time. Thankfully she sent me for more testing to rule anything out. So I was referred to an oncologist who I saw about a week later and by now the lump in question was much bigger, like "here I am, bet you can feel me now!" The doctor questioned me about possibly being scratched by an animal. Who knew cat scratch fever was actually real? Score one for you if you did. If you were like me and you didn't, see you learned something new today! I explained that the only animals in the house were my children (who I love and adore) and that nope, I hadn't been around any animals lately. She then referred me to a surgeon so they could biopsy my new unwanted friend, the lump. I had my biopsy done and the surgeon called me about a week later, confirming everything that I had Googled and was afraid of. Here's what that sounded like.

Through extended value chains and co-creation between organisations and consumers as well as consumers with each other, the new tourism industry is evolving to one that is based on engagement and value added services, all amalgamated due to technology. Value in tourism is co-created by tourists themselves, as they engage in meaningful interactions and relationships not only with the tourism provider but also with each other. Technology will provide increasingly crucial tools that will support and facilitate tourists’ co-creation processes.

Content will still be ‘king’ in the future as it is essential to convince potential tourists. However content presentation and amalgamation will change fundamentally.Product information for Avery Dennison bobblehead products. The power of pictures transmitting authentic experiences made in a tourism destination, hotel or any tourism attraction is what tourists are striving for.

Videos and increasingly interactive videos will also be of critical importance to demonstrate the experience and narrate the story. For tourism players, it will be more essential than ever to build up a strong online marketing strategy to (re-)position the brand on the web and at the same time meet the customer’s needs. Consumer generated context will be so much more powerful and convincing.

Therefore, a two-pronged strategy will be vital. On the one hand it will be needed to spread media rich data on different social media channels/platforms and on the other, to curate user-generated content on the tourism organisation platform and enrich it with unique content to make it more valuable and personalised.

New features such as private cloud computing, internet TV and face/pattern/image recognition will provide more exciting ways for interaction and visualisation.Nitrogen Controller and Digital turismoinrete with good quality.

That recognition is an important psychological step for Oregon's timber counties. Federal payments have helped Curry and similar counties survive -- barely -- without the money they used to reap from a vibrant timber industry sustained by federal forests. If only we had arrived at this crossroads a decade ago, a real solution might be in sight. Instead,We specialize in earcap. we have the next best thing: a real opportunity to make progress.

The best ideas are coming from the counties, as they should. First, Josephine and Curry counties, which have the lowest property taxes in Oregon, are taking the obvious step of asking residents to pay more. Each county has been at least partway down this path before, but officials think a combination of economic reality, rising crime and well-crafted ballot measures could persuade voters to approve the increases.

没有评论:

发表评论